When Megan Sound was 29, she dedicated her life to pursing creative projects she’d let linger in her imagination for too long. Sound turned 29 on June 29, 2009 and decided a golden birthday just wouldn’t do. She declared that year her “Power Year." For 365 days she lived with intent; she was structured about making change happen in her life. And so was born, the Power Year.
When life leaves you feeling stuck or unsure, a creative approach to living with intention can reboot your outlook and ability to confidently make change happen.
Specifics vary for each individual. However, a Power Year typically includes:
- Identity and values exploration
- Detachment from unnecessary pressures
- Reconnecting with what brings you joy
- Decluttering home environment and simplifying personal routines
- Rediscovering (or discovering) your authentic self